Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Should Christians Be Involved?

I just finished reading an article that stated that "True Christians should not be involved in politics at all". (see link at bottom of post) It went on to say "Voting for others is voting against Christ" and other claims of the same sort. Is this true?

I am not of the belief that we should stand idly by and let our Country be ruined by bureaucrats and politicians. I believe that Jesus would want us to fight evil until there is no more evil to be fought.

Some Christian's are of the mindset that the world is going to hell as was predicted in the Bible and we should just let it because it is inevitable. I think that this mindset is wrong. We should never give up the fight. Even if we are fighting a losing battle, just the testimony that we make evident when we choose to fight may be all that it takes to lead others to follow Christ.

If anyone would like to challenge me on this, please do. I am open to other viewpoints. From what I know of my God though, I have a real hard time accepting that He would want us to just sit down, shut up, and take what the world throws at us.

What do you think?

Link: Christians Should Abstain From Politics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.